View Single Post
Old 2024-04-06, 17:32   Link #6
Strahan

Hmm. Strange. It's unlikely to be a remote issue since you already tried a new remote, but as cellphone cameras can see IR you can test if it's broadcasting. Next time the remote isn't working try turning your phone's camera on then point the remote at it and see if you can see the emitter lighting up when you press the button. If it is, then you may want to check and see if LG has a firmware update for the player. Well, actually you should do that either way.

I assume you don't have warranty on it as you're going to forums for help. Several years ago I was in a similar situation with a TV that started having issues. I was, unfortunately, several months out of warranty on it. However, it was still sold in stores. So I bought another one and used that one's purchase to get warranty repairs on the older broken one. I then just put the extra TV in the office to play videos as I worked. If one doesn't have moral qualms, once the original is working again you could always return the new for a refund if you don't need two.
Strahan is online now   Reply With Quote