View Single Post
Old 2024-04-13, 22:29   Link #1686
larethian

Kind of a mixed bag of being sad, disappointed and concerned. It will be such a pity if her career really ended like this.

Purely MY OPINION here, but I believe there could be at the very least some half-truths in it. Inorin does (or did) have a 毒舌 segment in her radio show, and her acerbic wit about random slice of life stuff and when replying to fan letters is often pretty funny and entertaining. Having listened to her radio show for quite a while in the past, from the impressions I gained, I could totally see the possibility of Inorin shit-talking and gossiping with her agency staff behind the scenes. As to whether Doyakonga is actually Inorin herself or a staff member who could be a member of Inorin's shit-talking clique (if it exists at all), I honestly feel both could be equally possible. Again, just purely my opinion formed from impressions.

That said, from the current superficial evidence, I feel it's kind of hard to prove that Doyakonga and Inorin are the same person, so I feel it's kind of unlikely that Chan Yui's agency will utilize resources for a difficult civil suit. Though making such a public statement could have an intimidating effect on the actual perpetrator and serve as a sort of deterrence and as an indirect warning message. It would be a different story if it's a joint suit with the agencies of other affected VAs. The hacking excuse is definitely sus; if it were true, they should have mentioned reporting it to the police, close the account and start a new one instead.

On a side note, I heard Sakurai Takahiro in both Tensei Slime and Euphonium this season. Has things blown over for him, or is he still getting flak from online communities, if anyone knows?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote