View Single Post
Old 2024-04-18, 12:49   Link #13
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I won won't mind Touma die trying. Hell, I want him to fail and die.
But the clearly the writing doesn't want Touma to fail, so Touma suddenly gave up fighting for that 1% that he has always fought for regardless it is possible goal or not.
That's how hard the writing tries not to fault Touma. There is no failure if one doesn't fight for it the first place. Then Touma make it out fine again with a death that is not going to kill him.
I really want to look at Kamachi's list of plot armors, the man always have bail out for Touma.
These are the consequences you claim to want for Touma.

He chose Sprengel over CRC and his payment for that is the death that would have come eventually happening today. If there was any 1% chance of him being cured he himself failed at grasping it when he made that choice.

Touma can't use Imagine Breaker to punch illness fixed. This isn't like what happened with Sprengel where he was poisoned and there was a cure available.

This volume is all about Touma failing. He failed to save himself by not even noticing the danger he was in, he failed to save Alice again and he failed by leaving his friends alone with her on Earth.

Quote:
Because I want a satisfying back story for the major boss of the story arc?
Look at Aleister, his back story actually utilized his background as Aleister Crowley. The whole Golden Cabal plot thread is not something easily replaceable.
Alice on the other hand can be substituted by any real life figure that has fiction regarding them. She is only chosen because she can be given that type of power.
And Alice's story utilized her existence as Alice Liddell. You're upset because what, it could have been applied to some random person, as if there's someone else who fits.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote