View Single Post
Old 2024-04-18, 12:34   Link #12
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
You're missing the point. This is not an illusion. It's reality.

Like Tsuchimikado said to Touma way back when, you can't cure AIDS or Ebola with a can-do attitude. Touma died of an illness he couldn't fix. Did you already forget NT9? Touma isn't a god, there's stuff he can't fix no matter how hard he tries.

Honestly, the more I think on it, the more I think this death spirit quest thing is good for Touma, there's much he still needs to learn about himself and Kingsford is the origin of his karma so she's the best guide for him.
I won won't mind Touma die trying. Hell, I want him to fail and die.
But the clearly the writing doesn't want Touma to fail, so Touma suddenly gave up fighting for that 1% that he has always fought for regardless it is possible goal or not.
That's how hard the writing tries not to fault Touma. There is no failure if one doesn't fight for it the first place. Then Touma make it out fine again with a death that is not going to kill him.
I really want to look at Kamachi's list of plot armors, the man always have bail out for Touma.

N
Quote:
Not sure what exactly you expected Kamachi to do exactly. You bring up Lewis Carroll but he is part of the trauma just like Trismegistus and Aleister. He used a real person as fodder for his fairy tale without any concern for her and how it would affect her.
Because I want a satisfying back story for the major boss of the story arc?
Look at Aleister, his back story actually utilized his background as Aleister Crowley. The whole Golden Cabal plot thread is not something easily replaceable.
Alice on the other hand can be substituted by any real life figure that has fiction regarding them. She is only chosen because she can be given that type of power.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote