View Single Post
Old 2024-04-18, 12:19   Link #11
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
And Touma isn't the type of person who'll fight for that 1% chance?
This Touma, who says so what to whatever reasons before him as long as he can make whoever he currently wants to save to be happy.
This is just poor writing to me. Touma who has always fought no matter how little his chances are, suddenly think Alice is a good point to stop, just so another Touma death can happen, which we know will contributes nothing because Touma is not going to learn anything anyway.
Having 1% cgance of survival is more than enough to make him calling his death a bullshit and shatter the illusion with full force.
You're missing the point. This is not an illusion. It's reality.

Like Tsuchimikado said to Touma way back when, you can't cure AIDS or Ebola with a can-do attitude. Touma died of an illness he couldn't fix. Did you already forget NT9? Touma isn't a god, there's stuff he can't fix no matter how hard he tries.

Honestly, the more I think on it, the more I think this death spirit quest thing is good for Touma, there's much he still needs to learn about himself and Kingsford is the origin of his karma so she's the best guide for him.

Quote:
And this model can ve applied to any real life individual who have fictions based on them.
That's a lot of people and can be anyone.
Alice being the choice is entirely mechanical as that can tie Aleister related theme into it and give her the power she had.
Alice Liddle as a person is not important here.
Not sure what exactly you expected Kamachi to do exactly. You bring up Lewis Carroll but he is part of the trauma just like Trismegistus and Aleister. He used a real person as fodder for his fairy tale without any concern for her and how it would affect her.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote