View Single Post
Old 2024-04-18, 11:25   Link #9
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
It will be a consequence if Kingsford is not bailing him out.
As a reader, this death is just a joke because we xan see it miles ahead it'll quickly gets undone.
Even if he does come back, dying for 3 days or however long until he comes back is still a consequence, not to mention how it'll make Index who was bawling while was carried away or the rest of his friends feel.

Quote:
This also creates an inconsistencies in Touma's hypocrisy. Despite how much I like to criticize it, that is his core characteristics. If the consistency breaks, his character breaks.
His death is highly influenced by Alice's super power, the whole whatever Alice said is true effect.
So by this alone, his death is just another illusion that should be shattered by him. And if that's just another illusion, it nakes no sense for Touma to accept death instead of remaining alive to be friends with Alice again.
Alice influenced his death but she didn't cause it, she just made a 99% certainty into 100%.

It was inevitable ever since 22R and he himself only made it worse with what he did last volume. He can't negate that. You're acting like he chose to die when he could have lived or something

He could have taken Alice with him but chose not to. That's how he takes responsibility for his choices.

Quote:
I know, which is why this is completely mechanics based.
While the basis of her current trauma is just "I am experimented by some magician and people never look at me but my power". Which can be anyone.
Being Alice Liddle is just an explanation of her power.
I was expecting her trauma originated from something between her and Lewis Carrol. But no, she just happen to be experimented by some random magician.
Why would you expect that?

Making her Alice Liddel is simply because that's the best real life exploration of a real person made into a fairy tale.

Like all Transcendants, the whole point is that giving up on yourself to pretend to be someone else for the sake of your goals only debases your own life and goals.

Unlike all the others, she didn't choose it, it was chosen for her. That's the tragedy of her character.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote