View Single Post
Old 2024-04-18, 10:05   Link #8
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Touma dying because of the same stuff you criticized him for last volume isn't consequences?

Touma's death was set in stone since 22R and he himself only made it happen faster with what happened in GT9 so how can you criticize him because he didn't just stop himself from dying?
It will be a consequence if Kingsford is not bailing him out.
As a reader, this death is just a joke because we xan see it miles ahead it'll quickly gets undone.
This also creates an inconsistencies in Touma's hypocrisy. Despite how much I like to criticize it, that is his core characteristics. If the consistency breaks, his character breaks.
His death is highly influenced by Alice's super power, the whole whatever Alice said is true effect.
So by this alone, his death is just another illusion that should be shattered by him. And if that's just another illusion, it nakes no sense for Touma to accept death instead of remaining alive to be friends with Alice again.

Quote:
Her whole character is based on people using her for her power and not being interested in who she is as a person. Her whole life was thrown out of whack simply because she had the same name as a fairy tale character. That's why it had to be Alice.
I know, which is why this is completely mechanics based.
While the basis of her current trauma is just "I am experimented by some magician and people never look at me but my power". Which can be anyone.
Being Alice Liddle is just an explanation of her power.
I was expecting her trauma originated from something between her and Lewis Carrol. But no, she just happen to be experimented by some random magician.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote