View Single Post
Old 2024-04-18, 08:58   Link #7
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I can't stand thus volume.
Kingsford end up being a plot device just to bail Touma out of his consequences?
I am actually angry this time. Kingsford stoop down to the level of another Touma baby sitter, so Touma will never learn a lesson because he will always get bailed out.

Vol.11 will totally be a story of Touma going through labor and trials to fulfill the requirements for coming back to life. Ugh, the idea alone horrifies me. As it'll be a volume full of excuses on how Touma deserve not to pay any price of his actions as long as he can cone up with excuse 1 2 and 3.
Please, please open vol.11 with Aleister reanimating Touma with machines like he did to Kingsford so volume.11 won't become a volume of excuses for Touma to come back to life.

Really, might just not let Touma die in the first place if he will be alive again. It is more consistent with his character too if she just call out the future his going to die is just another illusion and he'll break it like all other.
Or is this just another Touma hypocrisy? Just a moment ago he beat CRC with brute force and give up on the chance he and CRC can be friends. Then Touma why didn't you think about not dying so you can reconcile with Alice and become friends again? Why did you accept dying and leave her behind?
Touma dying because of the same stuff you criticized him for last volume isn't consequences?

Touma's death was set in stone since 22R and he himself only made it happen faster with what happened in GT9 so how can you criticize him because he didn't just stop himself from dying?

Quote:
And I can't say I am satisfied with the reveal on Alice either. Nothing was really done to the fact she is actually Alice Liddel. She being Alice Liddel is solely for the mechanics of her power and nothing to do with her character.
What's important about her being Alice is that she was essentially a victim of circumstance based on nonsense Aleister spouted while high or something.

Her whole character is based on people using her for her power and not being interested in who she is as a person. Her whole life was thrown out of whack simply because she had the same name as a fairy tale character. That's why it had to be Alice.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote