Thread: Genshin Impact
View Single Post
Old 2024-04-16, 18:32   Link #1351
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
I think this is the first x.6 patch that doesn't have a part 2 story quest of an Archon. 1.6 was Zhongli's, 2.6 was Raiden's, 3.6 was Nahida's. Forget Venti, he's never getting a part 2 story quest. Isn't it sad Furina?
I think they've actually done a pretty good job this time of having all the character quests (and even some of the events) branch off directly from the Archon quest, so they all feel like various kinds of denouement from different angles. Between Furina's character quest, her involvement in the Film Festival, and the omake scenes in Lantern Rite, it kind of doesn't feel like there's *that* much left to resolve with her at this point. She's moved forward with her new life now and is clearly not the Archon anymore. But Arlecchino, on the other hand, is a pretty major unresolved plot thread directly tied to the Archon Quest (and obviously the broader lead-up to Snezhnaya), so I think it makes sense for them to sort of move in this direction and break the "pattern" here. I suppose the real pattern is that the x.6 patch unlocks the second weekly boss for the region, so in that sense the pattern will stick even though it's being done via a different character this time.