View Single Post
Old 2007-01-13, 21:03   Link #25
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeNewtype101 View Post
And here I thought I was the only one who noticed the similarities between the two heros

Seriously though, when I first saw Fairy Tail I thought this was a manga done by Oda-sensei until I saw the giant letters "Hiro Mashima Returns."

The reason that OP and Fairy Tail art style are similar was because. Hiro Mashima and One Piece's Oda both work as assistants under another mangaka, I can't remeber who, but he in turn used to be Akira Toriyama's assistant. Which explains similar styles. And someone already noted that Hiro also helped out Oda with OP back in it's early chapters. But to be fair, both artists come to their own around the sames time as RAVE and OP both serialize around the same time except OP turns out to be a world-wide mega-hit and is breaking records left and right while RAVE is only a very popular series that really didn't make it over beyond Asian boarder......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
I think I'm up to 19, and while it's enjoyable, it's hard to get a feel for the actual storyline... What's driving the characters? Right now it feels like it's just one mini adventure after another...

There really isn't a main storyline YET, so far concept is simple, It is a story about a Socerors' Guild, and that is what you do in a guild; you hang around with other members, look for a posted job, goes and do the jobs, than collects you money. I personally think this is one the the charm of the series.

Besides there isn't even a villian in the series yet with exeception of the Darkness Guild that Ersa was working on.

SayanMk's spoiler is mis-leading, so far Jiikurein and Ulteia are only revealed as part of the Soceror's Council that hadles all inter-guild affairs. In fact, the council was going to punish Fairy Tail guild for their careless-mistakes but Jiikurein put in good words for them that stating that while FT is a wild bunch, they are also a group with many talented sorcerors in the first chapter.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote