View Single Post
Old 2006-11-30, 10:00   Link #62
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Who cares about morals? For me, what makes Geass interesting at all is Lelouch's refreshing lack of inhibitions. I've seen enough of idealistic protagonists over the years. I knew I was going to like this show back in ep 2 or so where Suzaku turned back to save a civilian and Lelouch went something like "Well, if he wants moral victories, he can have them."

Up until now, the story sure hasn't been kind to Suzaku's way either. Just look at what happened after he stopped the fight between the terrorists and the Britannian soldiers.
Lelouch, on the other hand, has had huge successes with his opposite way.

From here, I see two routes:
1. After walking a long and drama-filled road, Suzaku finally reaps the results of his tireless niceness and somehow turns Lelouch into a nice guy. Happy end, optionally with Lelouch dying having realized his mistakes, Darth Vader style (which would kind of make Suzaku the hero and make the ending bittersweet, which would be kind of interesting as well). Standard idealistic, morally and politically correct anime ending, in other words. Nice enough to make you naseous.
2. Despite fighting tirelessly for the length of the series, Suzaku fails. Lelouch, on the other hand, succeeds, thus proving that being a Nice Guy and having Morals and Values isn't enough in the real world. Optionally, Lelouch is forced to kill Suzaku, who won't give up on his principles. Potentially very dark ending, and certainly a lot more interesting than most anime endings are.

I don't think I need to say I hope for the second but expect the first. :/
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote