View Single Post
Old 2006-10-18, 17:53   Link #88
mit7059

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Where I live in México whether it's inside a shopping mall or outdoors on the street there would be people handing flyers to pedestrians. For not behaving rude we do take the item or flyer, but mostly we end up dumping it at the nearby trashcan our eyes pick.

When cases present about couples handing flyers about missing people we do give response to the person when he or she approaches or address us about the whereabouts of that missing person, though virtually we would answer the same reply- that we haven't seen or met the missing person.

In Japan is it the same outcome? or do people there tend to avoid those persons that are handing flyers like the plague and never bother to take one?
From what I saw when I was in Japan they're a little more clever about it, they place their advertisments on things you actually want, so they hand out little packets of tissues, (like the one that Ryusuke gives Koyuki in the first episode of Beck) or on fans during the summer, it gets ungodly hot in Tokyo, people take them because their useful, and the advertisers get their ads out, everyone wins.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote