View Single Post
Old 2024-05-14, 15:31   Link #5
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIRQUAN View Post
Not really an AC fan, but might try this one.
Loved Black Flag. Have Odyssey on Steam but file size is ridiculous. -_-
Odyssey is, by and large, the largest (in terms of traversable surface area, including the sea) and biggest (in terms of scope) Assassin's Creed ever made. I mean, I've been replaying it from scratch for a week already and even now after completing the main campaign, I still find the sheer amount of content crammed in...just staggering. The problem is that many of the smaller locations (camps, forts) are pretty much copy-and-paste (though nowhere near as bad as Hogwarts: Legacy's locations), but the unique areas like Olympia, Athens, Sparta, Argos, Mykonos and Korinthia are an absolute work of art and add their own regional spice and brand of uniqueness. The writing and mission designs are nowhere near the level of Witcher 3: the Wild Hunt's (the AC "RPG saga", which started with Origins and ended with Valhalla and introduced many changes in game mechanics, is said to have been made in response to W3TWH), though.

So, yeah, big filesize due to big stomping grounds...and that's not counting the final DLC (The Fate of Atlantis), which add three different mythological worlds/maps. There is also an education add-on called the Guided Tour, by the way.

Odyssey still ranks very high on the list of AAA games that take a heck of a long time to complete (another grave offender in this category is Ghost Recon: Wildlands, also by Ubisoft). It was so big that Ubisoft had to come forward and reassure players that Valhalla wouldn't be as long as its predecessor, the map wouldn't be as big, but would be more dense and diverse in terms of content.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2024-05-15 at 05:41.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote