Thread: Crunchyroll Shumatsu train doko he iku?
View Single Post
Old 2024-05-12, 08:03   Link #80
Dr. Casey

Weird, I don't think the latest episode was bad at all. I agree that the tension among the group spiked too abruptly, but I don't think anything was over-the-top about it in and of itself. If anything I thought the group handled themselves pretty maturely, with things like Reimi immediately apologizing to Nadeshiko or the group motivating themselves at the end to help Yoka and Shizuru make up. They handled themselves better than characters in many other anime do, like pretty much every sports anime ever made, despite actually being in a stressful enough situation that their falling apart somewhat is justified (being tired and far from home vs. whatever drama sports anime characters invent in their head).

But yeah, Shizuru was horrible to Yoka. Not exactly therapist material. Yoka should probably not confide anything personal in her again anytime soon. Though honestly, I can sympathize with her if she was just scared of Yoka leaving. In that case she might have seen Yoka's aspirations as a betrayal and thus thought she deserved to be shit on. Not that it would make Yoka at all deserving obviously and Shizuru would still need to apologize, but I would find that much more understandable than Shizuru just having an EQ of zero and being a bitch just because.

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2024-05-12 at 08:24.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote