Thread: Crunchyroll Kaiju No. 8
View Single Post
Old 2024-05-11, 12:18   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A good episode for training and team building. Not a bad thing to just have the cast spending some time together and growing closer. Impressed that Kafka has managed to keep a lid on his kaiju powers for all that time, but it's a good thing he did! Kind of nice I suppose that everyone is aware of the childhood friend thing too. No real reason to keep that a secret.

Can kind of agree that Mina is a bit more of a plot device than character. Even being in the same team she's kept a distance from everyone and we don't get into her head all that much either.

Which I suppose it's why there is a bit of light ship teasing with Kafka and Kikoru. Since both are a bit more active in terms of characters and we understand them both fairly well. And they do have their own kind of bleak promise in place. She'll keep things quiet, but will also do everything she can to stop Kafka if he loses himself. Whether she'll be able to is hard to say, but in the end she's the one that knows that is most certain to succeed at it.

Though I guess you could say Hoshina is the most capable that would do it and he is fairly suspicious. In some ways it's a good thing to anger him a bit at the whole "wanting to take the spot next to Mina" thing. Might make him less suspicious on the kaiju thing.

The real challenge going into the next mission is whether Kafka can keep a lid on his powers.