View Single Post
Old 2024-04-23, 23:25   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Kind of refreshing in a way to have an episode with almost no present day appearance by the main character. Just showed up at the very end. Makes sense that he's got to fulfill his promise of stopping his brother who is doing nothing but making mistakes. I guess he'll get out of having to kill him since he's presently just manipulating people and hasn't personally killed anyone yet (I think).

Didn't expect the plotting of his brother and father to suddenly kick into motion. Really got moving when it came to attacking major targets all over the place and setting the seeds for a sudden uprising/revolution to kick off.

While the show isn't amazing, I do like the idea of dividing gifts and levels into their own categories. The psycho Dad was able to overwhelm that knight because his raw stats were still there even if his gift was negated (whatever his gift happened to be).

Kind of glad the hero is getting chances to step up. Did need the MC to bail her out by using hax powers to change that sigil into one to defend the kid instead of blowing her up. A pretty darn useful change since it doesn't make her nearly as big a handicap. I half expected Alan to deal with his father, but I guess dealing with his brother was more pressing. The present day hero should be enough to handle the psycho father anyways.