Thread: Crunchyroll Re:Monster
View Single Post
Old 2024-04-20, 04:25   Link #45
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
After watching ep 3 today, I thought the writing was fan-fictiony as hell(get more power-ups, find treasure vault no one has found before, having sex with all the girls, etc.), so I had to come here and get a different opinion on things. There are good discussions on both sides of the logic. As for my initial impressions, I also thought it was ridiculous how these women are flocking toward Gobrou in this episode to the point of having sex with him. It just seems unrealistic considering how they were acquired, even if Gobrou has been courteous towards them. After reading the comments here, I thought about it a bit deeper, but I still feel its ridiculous, almost unnatural. Then again, it depends on the hierarchy different races exist.

Initially, the goblins seemed like your typical goblins; they stole a batch of girls and those girls killed themselves, assuming they'd rather die than be baby factories. This made be believe they are considered typical goblins(akin to monsters) and that interactions between species(or at least goblins themselves) isn't a thing here. We know Gobrou is different, but he's still a goblin, so it feels unnatural for human women to want to sleep with him. Being comfortable is fine, but having sex seems a bit outlandish. But its hard to say if its outlandish in the context of the story's setting, because all of it has only been in the forest so far. Maybe its normal for human women to sleep with other races. But unless I see proof of that, I can't get on board with the idea. I mean, ALL of them wanted to have sex with him at the same time! That's not normal in any situation I can think of if they're normal people with regular job skills(alchemist, blacksmith, etc.).

The only other idea I can think of is that he used the skills he got from the dryad, and those had an effect, maybe a passive effect(similar to Tomoki in Tsukimichi, if you watch that one) and that had an influence in their behavior. But the redhead girl slept with him(no sex) in the last episode, so it feels less like the probable cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Was a fun read at first, then became a bore when he became too overpowered. I enjoyed the struggles on the early parts of his evolution but when he got too much power it became super easy, barely an inconvenience for him. The later arcs became monotonous and uninteresting once he expanded his actions. We'll see how it goes I guess.
I'm starting to see why the veracity of this statement could become true for me.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote