Thread: Crunchyroll Re:Monster
View Single Post
Old 2024-04-17, 00:56   Link #33
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
No doubt. That part makes sense, the thing that just struck me weird was how it's not like they were just snatched off the street and brought here. The goblins killed all the rest of their company. One would assume they had some friends and/or loved ones amongst the murdered. You'd think there would be some sort of resentment there, rather than the affection we see in the show.

The writer just wants to push any baggage aside and get on with his story. I guess I just always look at things through a cynical lens. Maybe, on the flip side, the rest of their group were all assholes and they are legitimately relieved to be freed of them
they were part of a merchant caravan, we don't even know how many people were part of it, they may have been the majority.of it and they appear to be very low level as the red head was less trained then the weakest of Rou's forces who had less then a month of training. There is little reason to think they had any meaningful relationships with the others mainly because they haven't had any reaction to it. Also we don't know how long they had been captured and to come to terms that once they got to the goblin's home they were going to have a bad end, and then that didn't happen.

I'm not saying Rou is a good person. He is an admitted cannibal before he died, is a womanizer, and has very sociopathic tendencies. But he will keep his word.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote