View Single Post
Old 2024-04-13, 02:47   Link #31
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
No wonder this guy ran into problems in his last life. Has he ever heard of the term "overkill!?" I don't think he needed to nuke those clay wolves to beat them. He could see their cores. Just attack them normally man! Of course this is a guy that uses regeneration magic on a wagon without even thinking twice about it. Kind of seems addicted to heroism.
EXACTLY what I said at that same scene . The absolute absurdity of it amuses me now, because you thought the same thing I did, but while I was watching it, it felt overblown and unnecessary.

The whole idea that this first princess of their country, which SOUNDS like a rather hefty title, is traveling with a single soldier/attendant that cant even defeat what appears to be random monsters on the road is complete ridiculousness. Ofc it could be that those monsters were particularly powerful, and specifically sent by an malevolent party trying to kill the princess, but the way things were set up, I wouldn't have faith in the author to do this.

Then the way the Hero is set up; its very poorly written. The description about how there's only one in every generation and that single person is the only one who can wield the blade is a novelty; yet, she doesn't carry herself with the prestige or dignity I would come to expect of such a title. Worse, the story does her no favors by immediately putting her in a fight she flounders badly. While its true Alan said he couldn't have won without her, the story still didn't allow us to glimpse exactly what made her special, outside the sword. The very fact that during that spar with the attendant, they seemed equal, doesn't make her ability very credible.

I'd probably wouldn't give this another ep if I had to wait a week, but since I just watched it today, I'll see if they get to the town to live the "slow life". Its mostly the story I've come in expecting in this series to fill in for Shin no Nakama.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote