Thread: Crunchyroll Solo Leveling
View Single Post
Old 2024-03-31, 01:13   Link #271
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Might be an issue of tastes or something. But this show never really rose above a very "eh" 6/10 for me. One of those mysteries where I can see how popular it is and how much people love the franchise, but I don't see it in the show itself. It looks good. But I mean A-1 Pictures is full of talent so that's no surprise.

The episode was fine. I agree it's a bit silly seeing him have a moment of remembering lines of the past. He hasn't been remotely weak for a long time now. He hasn't had a human opponent that's seriously had a chance at killing him. But honestly his personality has been on that's been tough to get behind since he had his complete character re-design moment. Just feels a bit awkward with both where he gets utterly enraged all on his own or like this where he faces self-doubt all on his own. That's one downside to the solo bit of this show. It's just him and monsters without any personality. He has to deliver so much without any other characters to bounce off of.

I don't know whether to call it dumb luck or the system just messing with him at this point. The story seems to leave the latter open as a legit possibility. Bailing him out with wonderful timing on the "penalty" and then letting him re-arm and sending him back in to clean house pretty easily.

If nothing else the show does visual spectacle just fine. Woo and all that on him getting his shadow army and necromancy stuff. He already seemed busted enough to me, but hey why not load up on more power anyways?

It was an odd show to be sure. But one clearly popular enough to get more and more seasons. Nothing is for everyone and it's good for things to appeal to the people they want to appeal to.