View Single Post
Old 2024-03-22, 02:21   Link #197
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I thought the movie was ok. Obviously since I'm only seeing it in 2024 I wasn't exactly rushing out to see it though . Though admittedly with anime movies I just kind of forget they exist until something random reminds me .

Had a good time with it. Closed off some arcs that were left hanging. Mostly focused on Freyja's fate. And she pretty much went out as expected. Sang her heart out. Lived fast and her passion burned herself out.

I will say something feels incredibly fitting with how things turned out. Freyja and Hayate don't get married or anything since she doesn't live long enough for that (beyond the symbolic stuff). But they still "have a kid" that he can raise. Which does nicely work for Hayate's character. So much of his arc intertwined with his connection with his father. So he ends the story becoming a father.

Also liked the flashbacks with Messer. One of those "gone but not forgotten" situations. The impact he had on the lives of those around him was a positive one.

Do kind of wish that the "Dark Walkure" were fully fleshed out characters in their own right. But hey...the music was good . They had good designs and still gave them moments of personality. Both when they were on top and when they were on the back foot .

Movie was a good way to put that story to a close so I'm good with it.