View Single Post
Old 2024-03-13, 04:18   Link #10
LightDragonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
I think maybe we can have Akira volunteering to help Haruto locate the location of the transmission using her hacking skills, telling him it's the least she could do for Saki, who had her back during the infiltration on Earth. Would make a nice little character moment for the hacker girl.

Oh go ahead. Would like to know how your story ends.
I guess I can at least say how I plan to have Saki and Haruto get together (long post incoming, as my shipping goggles are now on XD)

One thing I read on a tumblr blog (not really gonna bother posting it, it angers me too much), is that Saki made the wrong choice when she offered to share Haruto’s burden, because that just reminded him of his worst moment, hence why he decided to only feed on L-Elf, as he promised that he’d put him down before something like that happens again, with Saki now just a reminder of his worst moment, and that she betrayed his trust by not stopping his urges.

Honestly, I really hope that wasn’t actually the mindset behind that scene, because that just makes Haruto unbelievably unlikeable (he’d rather pick someone who’ll kill him before he turns again rather than with someone who accepts his flaws and can work through them). So at the very least, I am gonna try to address this.

To make a long story short, Saki and Haruto (with the help of A-Drei, who decides to join them as a way to atone for everything he caused) return to where he has hidden Valvrave 01. Before departing though, she asks him a question. See, I forgot to mention that A-Drei confronted them after Haruto released her, and in turn, he offered to take her place as a lab rat prisoner, so long as she is freed.

Saki asks him why he’d do that, and he replies that he feels that he’s gotta take on this whole burden himself, as he feels he needs to be punished for everything, especially what he put her through (remembering the incident), and also brings up why he decided to only feed on L-Elf, as he’d put him down before he goes out of control again, even saying that he felt she betrayed his trust when she offered to ease his burden.

In turn, Saki pretty much chews him out on this, asking why it was so awful for her to share his pain, mentioning that she and others are able to handle it, and to not underestimate them, alongside asking why he feels he needs to be punished now, as opposed to being given support. In addition, she tearfully mentions how sad people would be for him to choose death and self-flagellation, and ends by sobbing that he shouldn’t think so lowly of himself. While she tries to mask her grief immediately after, it does finally make him wonder about his martyr complex.

As for the scene where the two finally get together, that’s one I really want to make as good as possible. It’s basically before the final battle, and is an altered take on the scene between the two in the penultimate episode.

To make a long story short (or not), Haruto managed to patch things up with Shouko, but the two realized that, what with them not trusting each other enough to share the truth at the start, and their newfound responsibilities as head pilot and PM respectively, they have to move on from their childhood crush, so they amicably decide to stay as friends. However, Saki only overheard part of their conversation, and so thinks that they are going to be together now, so with a sad smile, she tries to silently support them.

However, A-Drei notices Saki’s crestfallen expression, and unlike her, did hear the truth between the two, so he goes to Haruto, and tells him to go talk to Saki, even giving him the pink-gold pocket, saying he’s gonna need it. He is subtly trying to get the two together, as a way to atone for what he put Saki through (side note; I can’t stand the pairing of A-Drei and Saki, regardless of how much fan art the Japanese fanbase gives it).

So he goes to meet Saki. She tries to be all smiles, asking how things are going with Shouko. He says he’s worked things out with her, and she again thinks that he’s chosen her. She even asks him to give the same proposal to her, only to say she’s just joking, and makes to leave the room. However, Haruto grabs her wrist, as he can see that she’s not being honest. Despite her trying again to say that she’s fine, he’s insistent that she tell him the truth. No more secrets after all.

With a heavy heart, Saki admits that she isn’t fine. She tells him about just how horrific her childhood was, and that going through all she went through when in captivity just made her feel like that same helpless and lonesome little girl she tried her hardest to move past, especially given that her idol status was destroyed by her public execution, and that the torture was no unlike what her abusive parents put her through. The fact that she was suffering all alone again was the worst part.

The grief on her face as she says this breaks Haruto’s heart, and he makes to leave, thinking that she hates him. However, to his shock, she then makes another admission. Throughout that whole ordeal, even though A-Drei said that he’d free her if she told him the truth about who shot his eye, she stayed silent, and never once gave him any sort of answer, even though it meant she’d have to endure more suffering.

Haruto is baffled as to why she’d do this, and she says it’s because the only thing worse than all of that would be for her to betray him. She tells him that he is the light that kept her going through all those dark moments, and why she never lost hope, despite being in the depths of despair, as his unconditional kindness is what gave her the strength to go on.

It’s also why she got so upset with him earlier, as it pains her to see him think he has to bear the burden all by himself, and the notion that he’d choose dying over working through his issues breaks her heart. She wants to be the one to share his loneliness, be halfsies you could say about it.

It’s all this that finally makes Haruto realize that there is someone who he can rely on and trust, as well as actually be able to share his burden without complications; Rukino Saki. He even remembers all the times she was there for him.

This is basically what makes him propose to her again (with the locket), and not out of guilt or obligation, but because he genuinely wants to be with her. He tells her about what he discussed with Shouko, and that he too wants to be with Saki, remembering what she said in the theater.

With tears of joy, she accepts.

Still working on the ending, but I at the very least wanted to share this part, as it’s what precedes the final major action part of the story.

Thoughts? Too sappy? I admit me listening to this to get me in the mood for the latter scene may have had something to do with it.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

XD

Last edited by LightDragonman; 2024-03-13 at 04:28.
LightDragonman is offline   Reply With Quote