Thread: Genshin Impact
View Single Post
Old 2024-03-02, 04:11   Link #1331
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
So...new third banner is coming. From the explanation, it seem only useful if you're looking for a specific character/weapon when you can guarantee it. Pity count carry to next banner but guarantee isn't.

I might try to get Keqing from it when she's available. You also have a chance to lost 50/50 and get another limited character that feature on the banner, not just standard character - That's another plus.
Yes, as you say, this banner is useful for collectors who are missing this one elusive character or weapon, especially a specific standard banner character they want or a signature weapon that doesn't get featured. But the fact the 50/50 doesn't carry over doesn't make it very friendly to F2P unless they saved up a lot, so it's sort of a "niche" banner. But as the roster gets larger, it probably makes sense that they do something like this, as it's going to get to be diminishing returns to keep having individual feature banners for "old" characters.

All in all, I'm okay with this lighter patch as I still have exploration to catch up on, but looking forward to 4.6 which, if the current trend holds, should come with Furina's second character quest and the last Fontaine world area and boss.