Thread: Renai Daikou
View Single Post
Old 2024-02-20, 15:20   Link #8
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Why though? Renai's plot is way more similar to Kaguya with people scheming around to create relationship, this one just adds another layer of complexity with the two love agents. Literally doesn't remind of Kanokari at all other than being a romcom.
I mostly make the comparison because of the paid romance and shitty people; Seinfeld is probably more apt. I mean the first 10 chapters or so were Pon convincing Seki to pretend to be someone else entirely (an introverted bookworm) then it spends a few chapters more having Kon berating Mari for not wanting to get involved with the guy who has been lying to her from the start and making it all about her issues. The armchair psychology is probably my least favorite aspect of the series -- occasionally its somewhat interesting but usually it ranges between creepy and revolting.

Meanwhile the series stays committed to its ships and somehow now Pon has lost ~16 kg (~35 lbs) in a month which I think proves Aka has gone full retard or just doesn't give a fuck anymore. Actually I see people on Dex and elsewhere saying PonXSeki is the true ship of the series after chapter 28 and its honestly better than any of the others. If you like it that's your prerogative I guess but 24-30 chapters is already an average one cour anime.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote