Thread: Genshin Impact
View Single Post
Old 2024-02-15, 18:41   Link #1327
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Now that I think about it, Traveler is probably hiding a lot of info from we player. The character we are controlling clearly know more than us. One big example is the fact that they travel to Teyvat by flying. This mean they always know that 'the sky is fake', and they know what Teyvat really is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Yes. We may be seeing the story from the Traveler's point of view, but we aren't completely aware of what they know.

This was already revealed during the "We will be reunited" quest (I think?), where the Traveler reveals information we didn't know.
Yes, this is also why it's problematic if people try to do too much "self-inserting" as the protagonist in this story, because everyone once in a while they will deviate sharply from what we in the audience will think/do due to this disparity in information. (They explored this expressly in the Fontaine Archon Quest when they split Neuvillette and the Traveler into two separate patch and we in the audience go to see both, but it's also happened at various times previously for less obvious reasons. There are times where they really demonstrate their own separate personality, and other times it's like we in the audience are leading their consciousness around. The Player is the true "Genshin"... )

That said, it is also possible that some information that they may have figured out about Teyvat along the way was removed/altered somehow by the Unknown God when they were "imprisoned" on this world. Or, they might have not have actually gotten close enough to Teyvat before the Unknown God caught them to fully understand. But certainly there is a lot they should know about the universe in general that they aren't revealing to anyone, and will certainly influence their perspective on things. (For instance, I wonder... do they know about the Honkai? The devs have said this game is connected to the Honkai Multiverse, but they've otherwise kept it very isolated and self-enclosed. But in the distant future, when we get closer to the truth, that may be when they tie things back to the wider multiverse backstory.)