Thread: Crunchyroll Solo Leveling
View Single Post
Old 2024-01-23, 21:56   Link #83
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
"What can ya do." Well, as the audience, nothing obvious. As the writer, a plethora of things. Like making it ten minutes. Or show him going from hiding spot to hiding spot to get moments of rest. Like, anything other than what the writer actually did.

...Such as compressing the first three episodes down to a single episode. You know, remove all the useless fluff?
I don't see as a big deal; 4h or 10 mins, it would have had the same effect(run to exhaustion), but I would agree that it would make sense to cut it to lower time and that 4hrs could potentially take you out of any immersion you'd have in that scene.

I'm not so sure about condensing the material in these first episodes. Yes, the non-Jinwoo sections could be removed or reworked(although personally it did not bother me, but that could be because I know the source material). However, I felt most of the scenes pertaining to him were important for setting a tone, specifically for how his life was before him becoming a 'player', and how he'll shape himself after. Many a story just, for lack of a better adage, isekai truck-kun in the first 10 mins into new world and OP skill, and I feel rather disconnected to the character. I tend to appreciate the unimportant minor details to an extent and I think the slow buildup has merit here.

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote