View Single Post
Old 2024-01-22, 12:52   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well, in season 1 of a completely different show (just kidding)...things went pretty horrifically bad for the heroes. I mean seriously. That Goddess is a true idiot. Obviously her vanity is her weakness. But wow. She gave up an absolute ace to grab a couple of decent mid-tier options. Sorry to Hibiki, but she's just not on that level and likely never will get even close. Though I guess it's up to her to decide if she's utterly made her life worse or not. Certainly wouldn't have suffered like this if she didn't take that offer.

Honestly I'm not surprised about Tomoki. Got arrogant thanks to his blessing and when that was gone he utterly fell apart. Good thing his girls didn't suddenly lose interest in him while that was going on...

Of course it's all a matter of advantages. Those guys could cancel out the goddess' blessing which is a huge loss. Not like Makoto didn't get his own blessings. It just came from a different deity. Presumably if they could have cancelled out Tsukiyomi's blessings then last season would have gone horrifically bad for Makoto. But how likely will it be that the enemy will be able to cancel out blessings from a deity that they can't possibly know the name of? Maybe not that good?

Regardless, my condolences to go Hibiki. That was rough. Lost her friend and was only further reminded how utterly disadvantaged they are in this fight. Couldn't even handle this guy and he's hardly the only significant threat out there. Better really hope that Makoto doesn't stick to increasingly dislike the humanity of this world. Because otherwise they are screwed.

If nothing else it was a good look at the aftermath of the last fight. Seeing Mio utterly damaging herself out of panicked desperation to save Makoto. He really can't drag things out with these two forever. Not that he has to accept their feelings, but they truly do care. Clearly both of them really had to push themselves to help him after that last fight. That was good to see. Just makes his win actually feel costly.