Thread: Crunchyroll Solo Leveling
View Single Post
Old 2024-01-14, 00:32   Link #49
Frontier

They definitely doubled down on how screwed they were with the "God" of the room smiling at them so sinister-like, mocking their very presence and efforts .

The OP! A very action-heavy and rocking theme featuring Jinwoo's further adventures and efforts as a Hunter, complete with a glow-up, along with Joohee and all the other people he'll encounter in his quest! Also, his sister's got quite the chest .

Well, so much for that dudes' running speed. I guess it doesn't pay to be an ethology major either. Or a nervous wreck of a girl .

I know this probably isn't the norm for this kind of mission, but jeez, losing an arm and a leg like that .

Joohee is a sweet girl...but she's a nervous wreck when things get really hairy. She's willing to sacrifice her own health to try and help Jinwoo, but she falters at the most important moment, despite her willingness otherwise .

Song was the leader so he does bear some responsibility, yet the group still went along with it and Jinwoo was the tie-breaker. Everyone holds some degree of responsibility for getting them into this mess, not that pointing fingers will really help them here. They're just luckily Song can read the ancient script and Jinwoo can interpret it properly .

Well, to the surprise of probably no one, the father with another kid on the way ends up biting it. He really couldn't have hung his death flags any higher if he tried .

Jinwoo's sister is quite cute and she's there for her mom, and it helps put into perspective WHY Jinwoo is so focused on providing for his family. Though wasn't that classmate of Jinha's at the Hunter Association last episode? Is she trying to be a Hunter too to help Jinha in place of Jinwoo ?

I knew Kim would abandon Jinwoo the way he was talking and how desperate he was...I guess it's no surprise everyone else ended up bailing and leaving poor Jinwoo with his missing leg behind. But even to the bitter end, Jinwoo wanted to save Joohee .

I can't fault Jinwoo's frustration. Even as desperate as he was he still tried to help everyone else, and look where it got him. Alone and holding out against stone statues tearing him apart. Taito Ban poured his heart out into that performance (and apparently it actually lead to him coughing up blood in recording) .

So hypothetically if they'd all stayed in the circle and waited out the flames, would they all have gotten the prompt? But I guess it's just as well that humanity's weakest Tamer gets a second chance of a lifetime .

The ED is very fitting with a moody, ambient, beat featuring Jinwoo trying to break out...whether of his own predicaments, peoples' expectations of him, or his own limits .