View Single Post
Old 2024-01-08, 01:36   Link #1678
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Ayahi Takagaki.

Showing your knowledge of the industry, I see. Seiyuu get flat daily payment based on their ranking in the VA guild. The more veterancy you have, the higher the rank. So if you work long enough in the industry, even minor roles get you enough pay.
Actually, for game recording, it's based on the number of lines. Have been mentioned multiple times by VAs, including Matsuoka when he talked about the fully voiced Danmachi game, where he won a guinness record.

Other than that, yeah, you're right about the anime part. It's mostly independent of lines for studio recording sessions like anime, foreign show dubbing, and going on shows, etc. A VA gets paid the same amount if he just snorts vs an MC role. Though the fee is not always fixed per se (this is unclear except VAs that are unranked, essentially equals 'highest rank' and can command a pretty hefty sum), just that what is clearly stated by the union is that there has to be a floor pay of a fixed amount based on rank. The union they are registered is to is the same union for conventional actors.

I can't remember whether they also get a meager base pay from the agency even when they don't have jobs. Of course, an agency can choose not to recontract if they don't get enough work during their contract period, so they just can't stay permanently 'jobless'. I'd need to check it out to confirm about the base pay but seriously too lazy to do it . I probably heard that from a seiyuu variety episode from TV Asahi.

Last edited by larethian; 2024-01-08 at 01:50.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote