View Single Post
Old 2024-01-05, 03:24   Link #1670
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Kinda doubt that. It might be giving them a bit of revenue, but no one watches those, so it might help them gain experience, but it isn't helping them climb.
But then again, being in a popular anime also doesn't net you stability. I think Bisque Doll was somewhat popular or something, but the heroine's VA only did a few pretty minor roles in 2023. Too much like luck and too many replacements these days
Nowadays, we would never be able to get a phenomenon like Hayashibara Megumi being literally everywhere at all times on TV

I highly question the how much she earns playing characters that probably don't have more than a handful of lines throughout the entire anime
Not that I would know how many lines she has, because... yeah, I don't remember her existence last year

But yes, China (and I guess Korea but I don't play any of their games so don't know here) really likes the older VAs, so you can always count on them to use veterans
Not really.

First, Japan do have anime-onlies audience; plenty still using anime adaptation to decide whether they should buy source materials or not, and patient enough to wait until twelfth episode to decide. If anything at this point any production committee should be able to make rough estimates of when to use cheap isekai, original titles or the big, proven, most-read titles; I thought this is obvious enough from how cheap isekai tend to get low to mid quality animation compare to original and big titles.

Second, as I said, the landscape already change.
Back then barely any competition, risk of using newbie can be taken, not many typecast, no need to think of further sales.
Now, you can go to recording room with full confidence due to having 10+ voice range ended up failed the audition because the others sell better than you for live event.

Nowadays more VA do Instagram Q&A as alternative to streaming channel and radio talk.
Which also can be used by either agency or committee to measure fanbase, estimate benefits of giving the role to the VA.

Third, Marin's VA, Suguta Hina is part of Bang Dream! franchise as guitarist of Morfonica.
IIRC Morfonica is Bushiroad second or third most popular band last year. So she does have something goes for her.
I personally not surprised if she's not taking many roles, participating on many auditions, because it taxing enough combined with ridiculously critical fanbase.