View Single Post
Old 2023-12-30, 17:34   Link #48
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm halfway with you there. It took me way too long to figure out that this was happening before Season 3 and, when I got there, I was waiting for the shoe to drop so we could finally figure out what happened to Akane. When it finally did it made up for the rest of the movie for me.

Not that it was a bad movie, mind. But it was mostly spectacle with not much substance there. Sure, we got the backstory to Shindo's dad but the MacGuffin of the entire movie, the papers, ended up not really amounting to much of anything.

Still it was a brilliant move to have Akane basically sacrifice herself in the most public fashion possible to make a point that Sibyl isn't infallible and that the justice system is still needed. However, like you, I also don't remember most of anything from S3 so I have no idea if her sacrifice amounted to anything. Maybe I should rewatch season 3 now? I feel like, were I to have seen this movie first, I wouldn't have been so cold on that season.
Got me it was the opposite actually. I liked the Season 3 (I know a lot of people complain because it has new cast and different tone, so "it looks like a different story shoehorned into the setting") and I find watching the movie after and getting answers to a whole bunh of questions rised in S3 way better as getting this movie as introduction to S3.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote