View Single Post
Old 2023-12-18, 22:00   Link #43
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I'll agree with you, if wasn't for that reaction when Frig Face agree to heal Anna.
That is one moment I almost did a "huh!?" in sound.
The writing sudden take a turn and goes "hey look finally someone is on Touma's side so he is forgiven!"
And I am like this is what Touma need to snap back to his sense?
Something that's totally given? I mean, after he defended Othinus from rest of the world. Touma helping a potentially salvageable villain is already on everyone's okay list.
So what's going on here? Kamachi forgot what he has been doing and treating readers like idiots?
Or is Touma really having fears that his ally won't be on his side?
This is a completely different thing from Othinus.

Touma actually had an endgame with her, take away her powers safely, turn her over to the authorities, maybe visit her in jail from time to time if allowed.

Touma didn't really mind his difference of opinion with his allies because his plan aligned with his self image and his image of them, because he trusted that once he gave them an alternative, they wouldn't kill her because why would they?

Here, Touma has no clue if Anna will survive without Alice around to treat her and beyond that, an unstoppable monster was coming to kill her, a monster he already saw kill two people right in front of him and he then lost against.

Even if he stops CRC he has no way to save Anna and his friends initially refusing to help only increases that doubt.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote