View Single Post
Old 2006-08-24, 17:16   Link #5
Ryuu-Odjn
Lost...maybe

Currently it's a Tales of... fest for me, playing both Tales of Destiny II and Tales of the Abyss.

Destiny II is great fun, with a good battle system. The 2D is well done to me. It's freaking hard though, alot harder than any of the other Tales games I've played. The battle system is just too geared towards magic damage, whilst the player is focused on physical attacks. I wonder how much of the remake of Destiny I will resemble it's sequel.

Abyss is easily one of my favourite games, despite not knowing much Japanese. The battles are great fun and are possibly my favourite in an RPG. The designs are great, the voice over is amazing, with Anise and Jade being the best sounding. The dungeons can get alittle annoying with some puzzles, but that's almost a standard feature of any jRPG. Currently on the third playthrough and maybe onto the fourth soon

I've got quite the backlog sitting around, which currently includes Tales of Legendia, Atelier Iris, Zwei!! and Sakura Taisen V. I may also actually try to finish Kingdom Hearts at some point, if I didn't dislike it so much
Ryuu-Odjn is offline   Reply With Quote