View Single Post
Old 2023-09-02, 20:30   Link #90
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I tend to agree with most of the criticisms about the arc.

Spoiler for Story up to 1.3:

I think the reason why this gets particular criticism is indeed because it is returning to some of the similar issues that faced some of the early Genshin Impact archon quests, which they've gone a fair ways towards resolving over the years (not perfect still, but certainly improved). So people expect that the HSR team will apply those lessons learned already and not make the same mistakes, so in some ways it feels even worse. Plus, as many have said, HSR does not have the open world exploration aspect to keep people engaged, so in some ways it depends more on the story quests to keep people hooked. The audience who is going to keep playing the game just for things like SU and MoC are only a fraction of the audience.

Anyway, we'll see what happens next. Perhaps they'll find their footing after this chaotic start and over time things will stabilize. And I still think they have a lot of interesting ideas, but they're really struggling to nail the landing right now at least as far as story quests go.