View Single Post
Old 2023-08-14, 17:58   Link #1025
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareal_truth View Post
Ok so who would lead ExE then? I guess I'm kinda getting wym by him being a maou

Him being one that's pre-determined vs him being one free willingly. I just want him to be a leader
I just want Issei to have his own goals without someone deciding what his goals should be or without him just having the same goal as someone else like becoming a Maou which is Sairaorg's goal and perfectly reflects his background..

The problem with Issei is that he has a very thin character and really no background to speak of. He has no unique childhood, no unique circumstances of birth, etc. His main MO was him being a pervert who loves breast who wanted a harem.

Now the whole thing with him being lost in the wilderness after achieving his goal could easily make a good plot point and a good transformation for Issei's character if Ishibumi could just write beyond the volume he's writing at the time and actually followed up on a lot of the plot points he introduced rather than just having them be relevant for a volume or two then forgetting completely about them.

Really DxD is one of those series that has a lot of potential but the writer just isn't good enough. Very few writers could handle a series with such a big world and so many plots. Ishibuni's not a bad writer as we've seen with Slash Dog which is way better done than DxD because it has a very limited world and the focus is very clear in the series and Ishibumi is playing to his strengths in that series especially as a former horror writer.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote