View Single Post
Old 2023-08-12, 11:25   Link #73
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
hmm, I'm curious on the reason you want a mono quantum team. Is it strong?
Mono quantum allows you to go into battle and just NOT care what the weaknesses of the enmies are. This is sort of a simiplification since the enemy weakness elements is not the only factor (aoe, debuffs, enemy buffs, etc are also factors), but it is true-enough in enough-situations to give you a very reliable "default team", or if we're talking forget-me-hall give you a "I dont know how to deal with this, you guys go and kill it" team, currently:
  • Seele, Lynx, QQ, Silverwolf
  • (recommended) Seele, Fu Xuan, Silverwolf, QQ
  • (not recommended, overkill defense) Seele, Fu Xuan, Silverwolf, Lynx
  • (future) Seele, Fu Xuan, Silverwolf, (Quantum AoE/Harmony/etc)

Currently this only applies to Qauntum, since it needs a weakness implanting unit like Silverwolf; I wont be surprised if they dont make another one like her until at least 3-4 years into the game.

Finally, quantum element is very good jack of all trades which enables these teams to be very well rounded: some damage, some slowdown, etc. They also break and breaking ana enemy removes their buffs, interrupts their shit, and so on.

Because of how SW works while you cant get "pure" 100% gurantee teams with other elements you can get pseduo-mono teams, ie. SW + 3 units of same element. This works in varying degrees, but just because you can get 3 units of same element doesnt mean it will make equal sense depending on element.

Granted these pseudo-mono teams are not as "bad" as you might think, since in such teams one of the following will happen:
  • Silverwolf rolls quantum on skill, quantum weakness applies for 3 turns and her skill damage is amplified as well as causes break damage
  • Silverwolf rolls the element of the 3 other units, hence should avoid using skill and becomes a SP generator.
You're not suffering much either way.

Also to clarify, if you have Silverwolf + 3 other units of same element the chance for quantum is not 25%, it's 50%. If you have say Silverwolf and 2 units of same element + 1 of another element, the chance of any of them hitting is 33%.