View Single Post
Old 2023-07-19, 19:08   Link #60
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The father appears to be as much of an asshole as I expected. I guess the fact Miyo is the daughter of a woman he was forced to marry against his will when he loved another is another reason he has no love for her. He sent her to Kiyoka fully expecting her to be thrown out and die on the street.

Thankfully, things are going better than ever for her. Got to put on some make-up for the first time in her life and enjoy the city. She still understandably has incredibly low self-esteem and believes her life with Kiyoka will end once she tells her she has no superpowers but we know better. It makes perfect for Kiyoka, who hates gold-diggers, to not be interested in Miyo's powers or lack thereof.

When Kouji mentioned to Kaya they should go to that new store, I totally thought they were going to run into Miyo looking super pretty with a giga ikemen by her side which would have inevitably made Kaya seethe, but I guess it's postponed until later.

Rather intriguing that Miyo's mother is from a family most believe don't even exist. Mind control powers, huh? If they went to the trouble of telling us that, it'll be relevant. Either another family member entering the story or Miyo awakening her powers. Those powers seem very ill suited to someone like Miyo though.
Honestly my first thought was someone was going to spin it that Miyo is using her powers to make Kiyoka fall in love with her as the only way someone like that could ever be nice to her.