View Single Post
Old 2023-07-16, 10:59   Link #93
Frontier

Rudeus is keeping himself busy in town! Working out, naming his muscles, praying to his holy panties, and helping out in the guild and in town so people will acknowledge the "Quagmire" and maybe lead him to Zenith. He's also caught Sara's eye as well, and he just can't help but hang out with Counter Arrow .

So obviously Rudy was trying to save Sara before she fell, but was him copping a feel an accident or Rudy being Rudy? I guess it could go either way, he definitely seemed to treat it more casually and naturally than younger Rudy would have .

I wonder if that Kishirika statute is what she looked like in a past life? Was she always a cartoony demon loli ?

Nice to have a party who is willing to go back for you and won't abandon you! And Timothy's pleasant and non-threatening demeanor is great for diffusing tension .

Kosuke Toriumi as Sol! I was like Rudy in thinking he looked like a younger, sleazier, version of Paul and while he's not an out-and-out bad guy he's got a mouth and an attitude problem, especially when he's drunk. And he calls out Rudy for his lack of sincerity or how artificial he comes off sometimes, which hits Rudy where it hurts .

Why is Rudy going out of his way to find and save Sara? Is it for his own self-gratification because his opinion of himself is so low? Because he was becoming closer to Sara? Because he doesn't want to abandon someone like Eris abandoned him? Probably all of the above .

Poor Mimir...killed off off-screen. At least Rudy found his body .

Glad Rudy was able to save Sara though! And the pair of them got to see each other underdressed afterwards, and I feel like I see some romantic tension brewing, especially on Sara's side. The way she reached for Rudy's arm and then clutched his cloak while wearing it...seems like she might be falling for him. For Rudy's part, just having her genuinely smile and thank him for saving her was what he desperately needed to feel like living again and to keep going. Good job Rudy !