View Single Post
Old 2023-05-21, 09:27   Link #730
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

...Not really my pet, so to speak, but...well...close enough.

TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Sorry for the long and depressing post, guys, but I'm really bummed out about what happened in my garden. I was looking forward to seeing a new regular. We put peeled arachid seeds and millet grains almost everyday because the parents were tiring themselves out hunting for insects for their brood. All those efforts...wasted. (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ︵┻━┻

>> Imgur album <<

EDIT: update 2023.05.26 - the parents are back to the nest and, judging by the small branches and moss in their beaks, are very busy rebuilding it, unmistakably in preparation for a new brood. Tits usually lay their eggs twice a year (thrice, even, although that's a rarer achievement) sometime between April and July. Seeing them back after their recent failure is...encouraging, but the bloody magpies are still skulking about the neighborhood and I'm at a loss as to how to make sure the surviving hatchling(s) ---crossing my fingers here!--- can make it to the flight-capable stage without becoming easy snacks mere hours after getting their first look at the outside world. My mother and I are thinking about putting anti-bird netting over and around our fruit trees (next to the hollow pedestal where the nest is), which could give the small tykes some cover, but at the risk of the parents getting accidentally entangled in them.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2023-05-26 at 16:16.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote