View Single Post
Old 2023-03-29, 13:45   Link #44
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
Overall, Itsuka Ano Umi de was a superior experience compared to its predecessor and shows what a Kantai Collection anime could've been, but the series distinctly felt like an afterthought that wasn't particularly cared about. Unfortunately, despite Itsuka Ano Umi de improving on what the original series had done, it's definitely not enough to convince me the game is worth playing.
Frankly, the worst they could do compared to the first part is suggest it's set during WWII, when the first season, the movie, and heck even this one (Shigure) showed them as ships in their sinking memories.
It looks like they had the idea, executed it and then realized how little sense it makes on a greater scale. Setting it in either the present or future would also make more sense for their IRL collabs.

They could have also acknowledged them before by letting some kind of warship drive by in the background.

I generally liked the more serious tone too, but 8 episodes were far too little for that too.

Whether the game is worth playing is an entirely different thing too by now, as it starts feeling like if you can't beat it on hard mode from day 1 to end, you gradually start loosing the ability to do hard runs effectively in the future. Striking force only being possible from fleet 3 is annoying as hell too...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote