View Single Post
Old 2022-11-04, 12:54   Link #75
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
When most people say its grindy, they usually mean the near the end of the game, especially the last dungeon; so many boss-level HP monsters there, and a bit of an enemy level spike too. Assuming they are playing on normal difficulty ofcourse
I played on normal and I don't recall any sudden difficulty spike. Some enemies were a pain in the final dungeon (the really big ones that worked in pairs), it's usually better to just avoid them since it takes a while to beat them and they give little EXP.

I did all the side content so that probably helped. I think I even got the Platinum, which I don't bother doing with most games. Only thing I had to out of my way to do was fishing, but it was pretty fast with the rod you get from the training grounds and a guide for the lures.

Anyway, I didn't find it more grindy than any other JRPG. Personas or Yakuza: like a Dragon are a lot worse. I don't think DLCs negatively impacted the game in any way. Like, they sell you 100k Gald packs but you can get that much in like 30 minutes of farming or so if you know the spots. Same deal as DMC5, where they sold you red orbs which you could easily get in the game using a little trick.

Edit: one thing the game did badly was explain some of its key mechanics. You get tutorials for really basic stuff and none for others. I had no idea how to combine spells with Rinwell for the longest time.