View Single Post
Old 2022-07-18, 18:35   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I.... had not actually thought about that; about if she still loved Nozoe. But you make an excellent observation. I guess it was because I always saw Nozoe as an obstacle to Yuko's plans, especially after that haughty meeting in the restaurant back in chapter 4X. I really hope we do get a Yuko POV. There are a lot of clues that she treated Nozoe different than all the other people, but I'd love to know exactly what she was thinking at certain integral points in the past arc.
When Nagi and Chako remarked that Reiji resembles Akira, I always thought it wasn't just because he's (probably) his father. Yuko tried to mold Reiji into Akira by providing him with a similar environment: Akira's mother threw fits all the time and made his life at home a living hell, she had the brother do the exact same thing. And just like Yuko was Akira's only solace in this town, she tried to play the same role with Reiji, but that failed because Akira introduced Nagi into the equation.

To me, Yuko's biggest regret is having been unable to shackle Akira to her and the town. Her using the name they chose for their future child for Reiji shows how much she cared about their promise from back then.