View Single Post
Old 2022-07-09, 22:07   Link #91
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I...really don't want to know what the Sphere do with those people they consume. Although it didn't seem like Kanata was automatically killed before Decker showed up .

Actual guns! Even Kanata grabs a machinegun and starts firing! And it's his guts (heh) and strong sense of self that draws Decker to Kanata. And from space to Earth, a new Ultraman is born
My favorite moment on this first episode honestly.

Usually this "civilian take weapon" moment trope in Japan media will lead into MC showing off his true strength, sometimes MC turned out to be an unexpected military genius that made the army looks incompetent.

Amazingly, Decker managed to do it naturally.
Previously Kanata expressed dislike to invasion news so it came out as him being gutsy about "Damn you, invaders!" because he saw the opportunity rather than genuine thought to help Murahoshi and others, which is proper extension of his character that we saw before alien attack.

Even better, what follows done in way that raise question. Why Decker inside Sphere? Does Kanata captured meant Sphere is abducting lifeform? How it ties with earth invasion, what's their goal? Enemy being invader with plan since first episode is not what I expected from first episode of an Ultraman, like justavisitor said.