View Single Post
Old 2022-02-21, 23:21   Link #11
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

This manga's been on my backlog for more than a year and I only just now got around to reading it. It took two days, but I'm all caught up.

Going off one of the author's previous works, Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku, I knew he had a penchant for writing depressing characters with depressing lives, but holy shit did he outdo himself with this one. Like damn bro, can my boi Rei please just find even a modicum of happiness during this never-ending cycle of darkness and depression? True to the title, It really is an abyss.

At this point, I just want Reiji, Chako and Gen (yes. him too) to find even a tiny bit of happiness by this manga's end.

Chako is collateral damage and got fucked up because of her involvement with Reiji. While she wasn't perfect and also did unintentionally contribute to Rei's suffering, her heart was in the right place for the most part and I'd give her a pass for the issues she's caused because she was a kid and didn't possess the maturity and insight necessary to handle things better than she did. Seeing how messed up she's become in the recent chapters is heartbreaking and I hope she gets a happy ending.

Gen too. While he is a piece of shit for trying to shackle Reiji and stabbing his girlfriend (despite not having anything to do with recent developments), I'll at least overlook some of the misgivings I've had with him on the grounds that anyone would become mentally unstable after:

1. Being manipulated into developing the mindset he currently has.
2. Murdering someone at age 11.
3. Wrestling with and coming to terms with his sexuality for all those years.

Besides these three, everyone else can go jump in a river for all I care. They're all pieces of shit for warping and emotionally scarring the characters mentioned above.

I'll make an exception for Kazamasu for the time being. He isn't as bad as the other characters in this manga.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2022-02-21 at 23:45. Reason: Found more chapters I hadn't read yet.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote