View Single Post
Old 2021-11-22, 08:16   Link #59
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Btw since I don't really follow the New Gen Ultraman (starting from Ginga) did they add some new lore/epilogue to Gaia pass the events of the special TV episode Once Again Gaia? Maybe in some collab episodes or something? Or special appearance?

Also yeah, just thinking that the current showruners even attempting to "remake" Gaia makes my head hurt. So far, Next Gen shows have been failing in capturing the scale of an Ultra series. Ultraman R/B didn't even have any kind of authorities or military in their show (just a couple of officers IIRC). They failed to make a standard Ultraman show's scale, so how can they even begin to touch Gaia and its intricate & expansive world? I mean, look at Trigger right now. Even if the show went to Mars at some point, it still feel small scale. And the special attack team being a bunch of doofus doesn't help matters.

I keep wishing they keep Trigger as separate as possible from Tiga. That reveal episode about the parallel world of Tiga was a sigh of relief for me but we haven't reached the end of this dark tunnel yet.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2021-11-22 at 08:28.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote