View Single Post
Old 2021-11-01, 10:26   Link #65
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Well it's not like they want it to happen too. Yoshimune got himself into a huge debt just to complete Muv-Luv Alternative. He had to sell his house and car to settle that debt. But he can't just expect his employees to be jobless simply because he wants to keep artistic freedom. So they had to choice but to accept the acquisition.
The troubles that Age went through sounds like an interesting story. Could you tell it to me in more detail via a private message?

Still, I wonder if Yoshimune considers the whole saga a net negative by now, especially given how the MLA anime is butchering his original story.

Was there another alternative, though? Carnelian, the famous eroge artist and one of the founders of Age, put her own eroge development company, ROOT, on extended hiatus once the eroge market started shrinking. Now she's looking to bring back the old titles that ROOT once published to a more receptive audience. I wonder if Yoshimune could have put Age into hiatus and then waited to recoup money by other means before releasing another title.

I know that the eroge market is very much sink-or-swim; unless you've got the next Fate/Stay Night on your hands, it's very difficult to make much money. But MLA was popular and even inspired other famous series like Attack on Titan. Could there have been another way?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote