View Single Post
Old 2021-10-16, 15:36   Link #92
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
They ran their big mouths about "taking back games from gacha games", and then they ran off and made a gacha game.
Which gacha game was that? I haven't heard of it.

Quote:
I already looked down on them when they threw away adult games for consumer games, but man, did running away even from consumer games do the final blow.
Yes, Leaf's abandonment of making 18+ games in favour of making all-ages games is a pity, but you have to admit that former big-name eroge developers like Age (the creator of the Muv-Luv series) have been turning away from 18+ content in general, even if in Muv-Luv's case, the stories still feature 18+ elements. This is all very strange to me, because there are 18+ scenes in both the VN versions of Muv-Luv Total Eclipse and Schwarzesmarken, just an offscreen one in the case of the former and a barely-censored one in the case of the latter. I mean, throwing away your previous key demographic is already an ill-advised move, but poorly serving your newly-chosen demographic too with 18+ elements they may not want to see or are too young for the resulting CERO rating?

By the way, how exactly is Leaf/Aquaplus running away "even from consumer games"?

Quote:
On top of that, all of their IPs except Utawarerumono is dead since they've literally only released that series. To Hearts was a legend! How could they just let it die!
Yeah, Leaf/Aquaplus shouldn't have let their older IPs die out like that. We should be on To Heart 4 by now, given that To Heart 2 was released in 2006. How about a Comic Party 2, or a White Album 3, or a Tenshi no inai 12-gatsu (December When There Is No Angel) 2?

Quote:
Leaf was already known as Wilted Leaf back in the days, but I think they've already turned into dirt.
When exactly was "back in the days"? Around 2015 perhaps, after their blockbuster release of White Album 2 (a story as hard-hitting as it was partly because of its 18+ content) already a distant memory?

Quote:
Oh, and the person that made the music for Utawarerumono dead, and we all know how important the music was to the tribal atmosphere of that series.
Who was the original composer of Utawarerumono? How is the replacement not up to snuff?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote