Thread: Genshin Impact
View Single Post
Old 2021-07-18, 06:12   Link #369
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
The curious part about the cross-save is that the PS-exclusive items won't work if the player isn't playing on the PS4/5.
The glider is switched to the default one, and the sword's ability won't work...and that feels kind of underhanded

Considering that it's impossible to refine the sword, it shouldn't have that much of an impact on gameplay...other than giving the Traveler another weapon option.
Late reply... but it's a lot more work to do it this way in a multiplatform game, so I'm guessing it must have been due to the wording of the exclusivity contract with Sony for those items. Probably something like how the exclusive items had to either "only work on Playstation, or have superior functionality on Playstation"... and so they came up with this. It's going to cause more support for them too, so yeah.

(I wonder if the reason the game isn't out on Switch yet (despite being announced) is also due in part to a console exclusivity window with Sony. But I suppose this move now does pave the way for cross-play there when that happens, presumably...)