View Single Post
Old 2021-07-10, 16:41   Link #15
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
I just don't get why these [Formerly Villain Restarted In The Past] are so paranoid of the original Bad End

Usually the Bad End has very clear reason, like She's Evil or Ignorant
But the restart itself already erase that future
By fixing attitude a little, that future will never come
Why so afraid?
And some of the MCs are just Japanese that possessed a Villainess' Body, so there's 0% chance the Bad End will happen anyway
lol nope.

Here Mia gets fated to meet her end one way or other because there's a hand forcing it not because she's good or not. They want her dead.

It's just so happens that Mia's paranoia was on point and it saved her life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Another one I've seen is that the MCs are convinced their fate is unchangeable.
Because they're reborn into a game with a fixed linear story, they think the "story" will try force them into their respective roles despite what they otherwise feel personally.

I recall a WN with this type of premise, Lady Rose Wants to be A Commoner/Lady Rose wa Heimin ni Naritai, where the MC is reborn as the otome game lead but purposely gets herself demoted and exiled so she can escape the game plot and live her own independent life. She has a grudge against fate and predestiny.
Yeah, and on that one despite she explicitly got away they characters involved on her exile go all the way after her just to annoy her or satisfy their own curiosity which also brings troubles to her despite she ran away to avoid them.