View Single Post
Old 2021-07-09, 07:16   Link #31
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
In a sense, Satoko NEEDS to confirm that Rika is actually really dead because ending up with a different, non-looper Rika because "her" Rika survives defeats the purpose of what she's been trying to get Rika to "learn" at this point.

Unless she can return to a previous shard to finish the job, but that would muddle this mess even further than it has.
Since Satoko was able to see and experience all the shards that Rika went through, I wonder, is there really anything that would prevent her from going back in time on a shard she's already been?

However the moment one of Rika's friends die it's already game over. I think Satoko is pretty certain that Rika would never choose to live in a shard where she failed to save her friends.

Her main worry in this episode wasn't really that Rika would choose to stay in that shard, rather she said that she can't follow her if she dies before Rika does.

The actual reason for this honestly eludes me. Also didn't the suicide-murder that started it all a St. Lucia came at the risk of Rika dying a split second after Satoko?
To me this sounds a lot like a contrived rule that was added for plot purposes.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote